Despite the overall okay quality of Prometheus, the additions of both an amazing cast and the returning Alien title have helped to make Alien: Covenant one of Ridley Scott’s more promising films of the past few years, after finally making a comeback in 2015 with his film adaptation of The Martian. Set to be the second installment in the Prometheus prequel trilogy, it sounds like the film could do what many had hoped Prometheus had done to the Alien franchise.
Now, as filming on Covenant is underway, following the release of the first official production photo from the project, some new set photos from the movie have hit the web that seem to tease a terrifying, almost Pompeii-esque sequence in the film.
Including what looks like a shot of dozens of burned, terrified bodies posed on a series of steps, check out all of the new set photos below (via COS):
— Consequence of Sound (@coslive) May 20, 2016
Covenant follows a new crew of the titular ship, that happens upon a seemingly unknown planet that they initially believedto be an uncharted paradise, with only one sole inhabitant, the android David (Michael Fassbender), the only living survivor from the failed Prometheus exhibition. It’s only until too late when the crew, led by Katherine Waterston’s still mysterious character, realize that their paradise may contain unimaginable horrors.
The scene in question, that seriously looks like something pulled out of a Pompeii recreation, seems to be taking place on the steps of an alien temple of some kind, though it’s impossible to know if the fiery massacre will take place during the film, or will already have happened on the planet when the Covenant crew arrive. No doubt, Fassbender’s David will have more than a few manipulative plans up his sleeve here, but already from this photo alone, it looks like Covenant may share more in common with the horror elements of Alien than Prometheus ever did.
Alien: Covenant is set to hit theatres on August 4th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016