A few weeks ago, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson released the first piece of concept art for his character in next year’s Jumanji sequel, the “Smoldering” Dr. Bravestone, who clearly had some Indiana Jones vibes going behind his costuming and overall character design. Now, as production on the film has officially begun, we’ve gotten our first look at most of the major cast in costume, on set of the film.
Coming thanks to Kevin Hart’s Instagram, the first image features himself, The Rock, Karen Gillan, and Jack Black all on set, all playing what look like slightly different versions of other adventure characters and tropes we’ve already seen before.
Check out the image below:
So Gillan and The Rock both look like fairly obvious rip offs of both Indiana Jones and Lara Croft in their own ways, and since she was the last main cast member to be added to the film, it’ll be interesting to see what kind of dynamic she actually has with all of the other guys surrounding her.
From this photo alone though, I think it’s pretty clear what each of the characters are going to be like in the film, and for a sequel that’s already got a large amount of skepticism surrounding it, I don’t necessarily know if that’s a good thing.
Jumanji is set to hit theatres on July 28th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016