Warner Bros. has released the first photo of actor Grant Gustin in costume as The Flash before the CW series has even started filming. The pilot episode is set to get underway next week, but in the meantime, fans can pore over every visible detail in this new costume, designed by three time Oscar-winner Colleen Atwood (who also created the costume for “Arrow”).
A few years ago, I bought a box set of the original 1990 “Flash” TV series and watched every episode. Let’s just say it does not hold up well, and though there were a few enjoyable elements here and there – John Wesley Shipp as Barry Allen, the recurring appearances from Star Wars actor Mark Hamill as The Trickster, Danny Elfman’s theme song – its negatives far outweighed the positives. It’s about as far from timeless as you can get, and I fear that may be the case with this new CW series, too. Just from the vibe of this one picture, you sort of get the sense that the show will be going the “Arrow” route, and I’m wondering if, in a few years, we’re all going to look back on this wave of superhero TV shows and laugh because they too look so dated.
But hey, one potential cool thing about the new series is that they’re bringing John Wesley Shipp on in an as-yet-unrevealed role. Could he be playing Jay Garrick? Time will tell, but maybe he’ll don his old suit and race alongside Gustin to fight criminals:
What do you think about the new Flash costume? Flash fans – are you happy with it? Sound off in the comments and let us know.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014