In one of their more ingenious nods to those that have come before, the upcoming second season of Supergirl will feature an appearance from none other than Wonder Woman herself, Lynda Carter. While she won’t be donning the lasso and stars again in the new season though, Carter will be playing a female character with a sizable amount of power at her disposal: the President of the United States of America.
The show’s leading star Melissa Benoist posted a new photo on Instagram with Carter as well, not only revealing our first look at the popular guest star in the series, but also teasing a possible meet-up between Kara and the President in the new season?
Check out the image below:
Now, it’s possible that Benoist was just hanging out on set to see Carter film her scenes, and there may not actually be a scene with the two women together, though I can’t imagine a reason to bring the President onscreen for the first time unless she crosses paths with Kara in some way.
There have already been references to a female President in the show, but we’re finally going to see her in full power in the new season of the show. What better way to pay homage to Carter’s history in the DC world as well, than by making her the most powerful human in the world basically?
Supergirl will return with its second season on October 10th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016