Oscar-nominated director David Fincher, known for taking on intense subject matter (Seven, Fight Club, The Social Network), returns with what seems to be yet another intensely suspenseful bit of fun.
Based on the novel by Gillian Flynn, Fincher’s film adaptation of Gone Girl tells the story of a wife who goes missing on the day of her fifth wedding anniversary and the husband desperate to find her – he loves her, but he’s also now the prime suspect in her disappearance.
In this first look at Gone Girl (courtesy of IndieWire) we see Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne, pleading for any information that’ll help find his wife, Amy (The World’s End’s Rosamund Pike) and bring this nightmare to an end (I’m guessing). As the story’s told in flashbacks, I’m sure Fincher will have us guessing till the very end!
Fincher wasn’t messing around with Gone Girl as the cast is FILLED with some serious talent including Neil Patrick Harris, former SNL’er Casey Wilson, Scoot McNairy (Argo), Kim Dickens (“Treme”), and oddly enough, Tyler Perry (say what you will about his films, he’s actually a decent actor outside of that Madea B.S.).
For those of you who’ve read the book – NO SPOILERS (please and thank you)!
I’m getting chills, they’re multiplyin’…but can’t do anything about it till next year, dang it.
Gone Girl is scheduled for release October 3, 2014.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015