We already knew that Welsh actor Matt Ryan (“Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior”) had signed on as John Constantine for NBC’s upcoming series, but now we have a great first look at Ryan in costume as DC Comics’ con man/supernatural detective. Take a look:
There’s definitely a resemblance, so that should please the (still surprisingly large) number of comic book fans who still inexplicably demand that actors look exactly like their comic book counterparts. He certainly looks more like the character than Keanu Reeves did, for whatever that’s worth. Since NBC has hired Neil Marshall to direct the pilot, and TV vet Daniel Cerone (“The Mentalist”) and David Goyer to write the script, this is actually shaping up to be one of NBC’s better comic-related shows. It has to be better than “The Cape,” right?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014