Fox’s revival of “The X-Files” has quickly become one of 2016′s most anticipated TV projects, with six new episodes to air beginning in January, and showing the continuing adventures of FBI agents Mulder and Scully as they continue to look for the truth out there. Now, we have our first glimpse at what the show will look like, and how the returning characters will appear when the show re-premieres on Fox this coming January.
Coming from Entertainment Weekly, the publication debuted nine new officially released images from the upcoming revival, giving our first looks at Mulder, Scully, and several supporting characters as we get ready for the first new set of “X-Files” cases since the summer 2008 film The X-Files: I Want to Believe hit theaters. See some of the pictures below.
The new episodes will be written and directed by show creator Chris Carter, and will reunite series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson with Mitch Pileggi (as Walter Skinner) and William B. Davis (the Cigarette Smoking Man), along with bringing in the likes of Joel McHale and Annet Mahendru. Debuting on Sunday January 24th, the revival will have a two-night premiere, with the second episode premiering on Monday, January 25th. The remaining four episodes will air in the Monday timeslot, replacing Fox’s “Gotham” while that show is on hiatus.
For more on “The X-Files” as they continue to shoot in Vancouver and as we get ever closer to the January premiere date, keep an eye on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015