With a cast that includes Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa and Bryan Cranston as Zordon, as well as a lead team of relatively young newcomers in the industry, next year’s Power Rangers film is filling itself up with some fairly big heavy hitters both in front of the camera and behind it. Which if I’m being completely honest, I never would have expected to say that about this movie, so it’s already managing to surprise me.
The very first teaser poster for the film has been released online today as well, teasing the Rangers themselves, but not their super suit alter egos, instead it seems like the movie may be putting some substantial thought into their normal lives this time around.
Check out the poster below:
Honestly, this movie has a lot more going for it, than I ever thought it actually would, and this is legitimately a unique, and interesting choice for a teaser poster. The actual title’s font is so small at the bottom, that I imagine it’ll be hard for anyone who doesn’t know that a new Power Rangers movie is coming to actually know what this is a poster for though, which may be what they’re going for in subverting expectations. Or may backfire on them, we’ll have to wait and see. Now, if only they had picked some better suits…
Power Rangers is set to hit theatres on March 24th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016