On February 17th, Jimmy Fallon will join Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, and Conan O’Brien in the very exclusive club of men who have hosted the “The Tonight Show.” With its debut just over a month away, NBC has given us our first glimpse of the latest incarnation with a new promo.
Looking back at archival footage of all of the late night show’s prior hosts, this new spot promises “new era.” And thank goodness for that! Fallon has been killing it on his show with innovative comedy bits and a knack for making content that goes viral, which, like it or not, is integral to the success of late night programming in this day and age.
Of course, this is the second time Leno has exited the show; Conan O’Brien took over in 2009 only to be given the boot by the network in March 2010, when NBC decided to reinstate Leno. O’Brien received a $45 million payout from the network and now hosts “Conan” on TBS. Fallon was officially announced as the next host of the show last April. “Saturday Night Live” alum Seth Meyers will take over as host of “Late Night” on February 24th.
In addition to gaining a new host, “The Tonight Show” will be returning to its original home, 30 Rock in New York and will be executive-produced by Lorne Michaels. The network will air a two-hour retrospective special entitled “The Best of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” tonight at 9:00 pm.
Here’s a look at the promo:
What do you think? Are you excited for the Fallon-led “Tonight Show” era to begin? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014