Out of the many long-gap sequels that we’ve seen over the past few years and are currently in the works right now, one of the most interesting projects that’s been long stuck in development and just recently became a reality is Trainspotting 2, the upcoming sequel directed by Danny Boyle to his hit 1990s film.
Based on the follow-up novel by Irvine Welsh, titled Porno, the second story picked up with the same group of characters years later, this time against the backdrop of the pornography industry rather than the heroin world.
It’s unclear how close to the sequel novel the new film is going to be, but the first official footage from the film has been revealed, which reunites Renton (Ewan McGregor), Spud (Ewan Bremner), Sick Boy (Jonny Lee Miller), and Begbie (Robert Carlyle).
Check out the teaser below:
Obviously this doesn’t show all that much, and is more like an announcement trailer than anything else, to let fans of the original know that the sequel is indeed happening, in case they weren’t already aware.
Nonetheless, there is a certain nostalgic sweetness to seeing the characters back together again here, even if the question of how much they’ve changed since we last saw them is still in the air. If Boyle’s previous comments about the film are any indication, it’s probably safe to say that the answer is – not that much.
Trainspotting 2 is set to hit theatres in the U.K. on January 27th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016