I had the opportunity to attend the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year, and one of the films I saw there was Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s directorial debut Don Jon’s Addiction. Written by, directed by, and starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the story follows a “Jersey Shore”-style guy who falls for a high class girl (Scarlett Johansson) while they each come to grips with the other’s addictions: he’s addicted to porn, and she’s addicted to Hollywood romantic comedies.
In my review of the film, I called it “charming, very funny, sexy, smart, and entertaining, and is one of the most energetic and defined directorial debuts I’ve seen in quite some time.” It’s a great look at the way our culture is influenced by media, and it has some truly terrific performances in it. The film was recently retitled Don Jon, the film has released its first official trailer in preparation for its release on October 18th, 2013.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014