Maybe the only thing that Transformers: The Last Knight has going for it right now, is that it’s the first film to come out of Paramount’s new writer’s room for the franchise, which was made up of a whole bunch of promising creators and writers in the industry right now. Though, not much noise has been made about the film’s story or plot right now, even despite the near constant promotion we’ve been receiving from it over the past several months since it began production.
Now, Paramount UK‘s Twitter account has unveiled the first official poster for the film online today, which not only features a new look at Optimus and his signature sword in the film, but also seems to show a whole hell of a lot of mind-bending battle sequences and… dragons?
Check out the poster below:
Now, following the introduction of the Dinobots in the abysmal Age of Extinction previously, I wouldn’t put it out of question for The Last Knight to be introducing the Predacons here, who’s leader in the Transformers mytholoy is a bot named Predaking, who is basically a huge robot dragon.
At this point, it’s hard to know exactly what’s going to happen in the new film though, especially considering last week’s photo from the movie seemed to tease the possible introduction of the Combaticons too. We still don’t even know who the titular “Last Knight” is either, so at this point, the fifth installment in the Transformers franchise isn’t much more than a vague title with a bunch of cool images and explosions as far as we’re concerned. Which in all fairness, is what they’ve all amounted to in the end anyways.
Transformers: The Last Knight is set to hit theatres on June 23rd, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016