It started with tilapia and a phone call…seems legit.
We know that Ezra Miller (The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, We Need To Talk About Kevin) is donning the tights for the big screen version of The Flash, but beyond that, little was known as to how he was cast. Now we do. While at Sundance to promote his new film Stanford Prison Experiment, Miller sat down with MTV News and told them the odd yet true story of how he was offered the role.
It begins with a plate of tilapia with mango salsa in remote Costa Rica…and not realizing the area has cell service.
I get this call and I’m thinking, ‘This is really weird.’ He (his agent) says, ‘I have Zack Snyder on the phone, and he wants to talk to you about this DC Universe thing.’ And so [Snyder] got on the phone, and he’s just gung ho. He’s in it. He’s completely involved. And he starts talking about how I’m going to play The Flash. And I was just in this state of shock and disbelief.
However, as The Flash is three years away from seeing the light of the theater house, Miller’s not quite in a hurry to get himself into superhero shape just yet.
Right now, I’m still in the stretching phase. I want to stretch for a while.
As I’ve seen shirtless pic of this guy, he’ll have NO problems getting into shape (but don’t forget to stretch the hammies, kid)!
Justice League: Part One hits theaters in 2017, while The Flash hits theaters in 2018.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015