Back in August, we told you the upcoming film Pride And Prejudice And Zombies had cast its leads. Now I’m back to let you know the final casting decisions have been made and the production gets started shooting next week!
The big news? Former “Doctor Who” Matt Smith has joined the cast that includes Lily James, Sam Riley, Jack Huston, Bella Heathcote, and Douglas Booth! That’s right, darlings: your beloved Eleventh Doctor is going to play someone hilariously awful.
In case you need a quick rehash of the plot, it goes a little something like this:
Liz Bennet (James), is pressured by her family to marry into a wealthy upper-class home but chafes at the stiff social mores of Victorian England. Instead, she feels that she should help defend the countryside against the onslaught of a horrifying zombie plague.
THR reports that Smith will take on the role of Mr. Parsons, a pompous clergyman with an over-inflated sense of entitlement who’s in need of a wife and has Liz Bennet (Lily James) in his sights. Smith has been a busy bee after his four seasons on “Doctor Who,” just wrapping Terminator: Genisys opposite Emilia Clarke (“Game of Thrones”) and he’ll make his stateside feature acting debut in the Ryan Gosling written/directed fantasy film, Lost River.
Filming for the long-gestating Pride And Prejudice And Zombies begins September 24th!
Are you happy to see Mr. Smith take on such a dubious role?
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015