The Lonely Island have a gift for you; and it’s not their **** in a box.
Fox has hired the fine gentleman to try and take on Saturday Night Live in the late night, comedy sketch deparment.
The show will be produced by the trio of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone; as well as Paul Scheer of The League. It will be a half hour long comedy sketch show with some live segments performed in front of an audience at the Alexandria hotel in downtown Los Angeles.
The guys said that it was originally a failed attempt at an Empire spinoff:
We failed miserably…now it’s much more of a sketch comedy show.
It’s a bold move for Fox to try and jump back into the late night comedy game. They’ve had good runs before with MAD TV and In Living Color but the plan of getting some really funny, noise making dudes to get the job done was a calculated one, with Fox’ Dave Madden even saying:
“We thought long and hard about the kind of audacious, attention getting voices we needed.”
It’s going to be tough for the crew to wrestle away ratings from SNL but you have to give them credit for blatantly trying. I mean, they named the show Party Over Here. Many could argue that the SNL Digital Shorts the guys did were the best part of the show anyways.
Hey, anything could happen in the Chronic-WHAT-cles of Narnia. Stay tuned for any updates, right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Mike Holtz (see all)
- ‘Funny Or Die’ Just Dropped A Movie Starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump - February 10, 2016
- Get Ready To Play A Little Game: ‘Saw: Legacy’ Is Happening - February 10, 2016
- Johnny Depp To Star In Upcoming Monster Movie Revival ‘The Invisible Man’ - February 10, 2016
- We’re Getting A New Full Length ‘Batman V. Superman’ Trailer Very Soon - February 7, 2016
- The Newest Teaser Trailer For ‘Daredevil Season 2’ Is Here - February 7, 2016