Last September, we told you about how Fox picked up “Gotham,” which will “explore the origin stories of GCPD Commissioner James Gordon – who at this time, is still a detective and has yet to meet Batman – and the villains who made Gotham City famous.”
As Gordon was a part of Bill Finger and Bob Kane’s Batman series since the very first Batman comic, I think it’s fitting we FINALLY get to see how and WHY he (along with Alfred Pennyworth) became one of the most beloved and respected non-superheroes in the DC universe.
Thanks to Deadline Hollywood, we now know that “Gotham” will include ALL Batman villains and of course, a young, pre-Batman Bruce Wayne. Fox chairman Kevin Reilly revealed, “The show will track Bruce from a child (around 12 years old) until he puts on a cape (in the finale).”
Reilly is super duper excited by the prospect of showing a pre-Batman Gotham, with villains running roughshod here, there, and everywhere in Gotham City, including:
Reilly also confirmed that “Gotham” does have a greenlight on the pilot and the show will set up its writers room sometime mid-February with a “full intention to go to series.” Of the villains and heroes in “Gotham,” he says:
“We will see how they get to become what they are as Gotham is teetering on the edge, it (the show) is an operatic soap with a larger than life quality.”
All I ask is Reilly and company stay faithful and AWAY from the bells, whistles, and ricketa-racketa. The Gordon character has been a source of good drama since Frank Miller’s Year One, and seeing the origins of favorite comic book characters on the small screen has been all the rage for years now with “The Flash,” “Smallville,” and “Arrow” leading the charge. Here’s hoping “Gotham” will stay character-driven and end up turning out as good as we know it can be.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015