Frank Miller is well-known for his fairly polarizing beliefs and opinions in the comic book world, and hasn’t been afraid to express them pretty frequently throughout the decades he’s been working in the industry. However, his lack of excitement over the past few months in regards to Netflix’s Daredevil series (which garnered the love of comic book fans everywhere), has been somewhat mystifying considering all of his influences that were featured throughout the show. Including the black costume that Matt Murdock wore throughout basically the entire first season.
Season 2 of the series is expected to be even bigger in scope and storytelling scale than its predecessor, with the introduction of Jon Bernthal’s Frank Castle/The Punisher and Elodie Yung’s Elektra. Comic book fans will of course remember that the latter was actually created by Miller, and is probably one of his most beloved comic book creations. However, it doesn’t look like he’s as excited for the Netflix interpretation as some fans might hope.
When asked about the new season at this year’s Brazil CCXP, and Yung’s interpretation of his character, Miller expressed nothing less than distaste, stating the following:
“They can call it whatever you want, but it will not be the real Elektra,” adding, “Yes, I’m her father.”
This doesn’t come as much of a shock honestly knowing Miller’s personality and opinions, however it is slightly deflating to hear his opinion about Yung’s portrayal, since he also confirmed that he has yet to watch the first season of Daredevil too. Season 2 of the series is promising to give fans the first real, quality interpretations of both Elektra and The Punisher onscreen, and the blessing of her creator could certainly go a long way in convincing some of the more skeptical fans. I guess you can’t please everyone though right?
Daredevil season 2 is set to debut on Netflix in April 2016.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016