Continuing the trend of “Game of Thrones” castmembers becoming hot commodities in Hollywood, Deadline has published a report detailing that actress Natalie Dormer has been cast in an upcoming Screen Gems film entitled Patient Zero. The film, written by Mike Le (Dark Summer) and to be directed by Austrian Oscar winner Stefan Ruzowitzky (The Counterfeiters), tells the story of an aggressive worldwide pandemic that turns all of the afflicted into a new species, with the infection acting as an advanced form of rabies that transforms people into mutated, violent predators. A single human survivor has the mysterious ability to communicate with the infected by speaking their unique new language, and leads a worldwide search for “Patient Zero” — the original afflicted person — where the only hope of finding a cure can possibly be found.
In addition to her recent work on “Game of Thrones” as Margaery Tyrell, the wife of the late King Joffrey, Dormer has started to amass quite a resume in high profile productions. She appeared in 2011’s Captain America: The First Avenger as a “very grateful” American servicewoman to Steve Rogers, starred alongside Chris Hemsworth in director Ron Howard’s Rush, and will appear as rebel videographer and fighter Cressida in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 and 2.
Patient Zero does not have any known release information, but it’s likely to hit theaters in late 2015-2016. It was originally expected to go into production this summer, but the casting of Dormer likely means that it will commence in the near future.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015