With the fifth season of HBO’s highly popular series “Game of Thrones” on the cusp of being released next month, people are obviously getting very excited, and the cast is starting to go out into the wilds of the entertainment press and do some good old-fashioned promotion to drum up interest. The series, based on author George R.R. Martin’s novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, tells a complex tale about the fictional continents of Westeros and Essos, where characters and kingdoms fight for different levels of power, with the coveted Iron Throne always at the core of the series’ events. With clear historical inspiration along with compelling characters and impressive production values, the series can be called many things. Simple, though, is not one of them.
During separate interviews with Entertainment Weekly, several principle cast members were given the unenviable task of trying to recount the previous four seasons of events in a mere thirty seconds. Highlights definitely include the answers given by Emilia Clarke and Peter Dinklage, but Maisie Williams and Kit Harrington both give decent answers in their own right. See the video below.
The new season will adapt material from Martin’s books A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons, and will feature several new characters from the series making their debut on the show for the first time. “Game of Thrones” premieres its fifth season on April 12th, 2015 on HBO and HBO Now.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015