The hype is very, very real.
Not since The Red Viper took on The Mountain has a battle in Game of Thrones had quite as much anticipation going behind it, as this week’s climactic confrontation between Jon Snow and Ramsay Bolton, in “Battle of the Bastards.” Heralded as the biggest battle in television history (also directed by the same man who directed “Hardhome” last season), the promise of seeing the show’s most hated villain take on one of its most beloved heroes is the kind of stuff people pay lots of money to see.
In anticipation of the episode as well, YouTube user ControvT has made an “extended trailer” for the Battle of the Bastards that feels more like a WWE pay-per-view promo than anything else. Which in this case, is certainly not a bad thing:
“Battle of the Bastards” will air this coming Sunday, June 19th, on HBO.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016