It’s no secret that we’re huge fans of the HBO original series “Game of Thrones” here at GeekNation. We have a weekly gif-recap and a weekly recap and review podcast, and it seems as if we’re in a perpetual state of anticipation for the next episode. So when I was presented with the opportunity to attend a conversation with series creators/executive producers/showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss a few weeks ago in Santa Monica, I jumped at the chance.
KCRW hosted the event, which was moderated by famed film critic and “The Treatment” host Elvis Mitchell. Benioff and Weiss spoke about how they pitched the pilot to HBO, working with George R.R. Martin, casting the show’s major roles, the ballsiness of killing off a main character at the end of the first season, choosing what to film under budget constraints, having the most downloaded show of all time, and much more. KCRW was cool enough to put the entire audio online, so now you all can listen in to the whole conversation for yourselves instead of just reading transcribed quotes. Check this out, and then let us know what you think in the comments section. (Special thanks to Alyssa King at KCRW for the invite!)
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014