You may have seen motion posters before, but you’ve never seen them quite like this.
At GeekNation, we’ve pioneered a new kind of motion poster called a Moster™ that utilizes a recognizable animation based on the image of a film’s official poster to provide a way to experience your favorite movies in a whole new way. Here are the criteria for what must happen for an animation like this to be considered a moster™:
Most mosters™ have a resolution of 640 x 426 pixels. However, in some cases it may have a larger resolution of 1920 x 1280. Some of the animated posters also feature Easter eggs specific to the movie. Mosters™ also must partly or fully use elements of the original movie poster it’s based on and can only take place within the poster. It cannot use live action from the movie, must be under 30 seconds, and must end with the still image of the original poster.
There you have it. Be sure to check our moster™ section for the complete selection to choose from, and stay tuned for new entries added every Wednesday.
Latest posts by GeekNation Admin (see all)
- GeekNation’s 2014 Comic-Con Party: Get The Details Here! - July 21, 2014
- President Clinton Says There Are No Aliens at Roswell - April 3, 2014
- Winner of the 2013 Pick Up Stix $10,000 60 Second Video Contest - January 10, 2014
- GeekNation’s Guidelines For Mosters™ - August 15, 2013
- Leeann Chin Facebook Giveaway Promo Winners - January 1, 2012