If you didn’t see Olympus Has Fallen when it was in theaters earlier this year, you missed out on an over-the-top, action-packed, ridiculously good time at the movies. Gerard Butler, the star of that film, has finally seemed to realize that starring in romantic comedies is not his calling and it appears he’s heading back into the fray for another action movie. But if you read the headline of this post and are shuddering because you think this project is in some way related to the godawful John Cusack movie of the same name that came out a few years ago, fear not: there’s no connection whatsoever.
Heat Vision says that the Scottish actor is in negotiations to play the lead role in The Raven, a feature length adaptation of a 2010 short film by Ricardo de Montreuil that attracted a lot of attention upon its release. Mark Wahlberg was once in talks to star and then Liam Hemsworth became attached, but now it looks like Butler has risen to the top of the pack and will play Chris Black, a man with telekinetic powers who is on the run from a futuristic robotic Los Angeles police force. The original short film has shades of District 9 and the original RoboCop in it, and Butler doesn’t exactly strike me as a guy who is still capable of pulling off the physicality of a role like this, but I guess we’ll see how much the story changes as it’s adapted from a short to a full length feature. Check out the original short that started it all below:
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014