Well throw me into a giant hole filled with dirty needles; it looks like they lied to us.
Originally promising that Saw: The Final Chapter would be the last film in the Saw franchise (You know because it’s CALLED THE FINAL CHAPTER?!?) Lionsgate will be going back to the bloody bathroom floor, according to Bloody Disgusting.
The film will be titled Saw: Legacy (I always thought “Legacy” would be great for a Rocky sequel, by the way) and there aren’t a lot of details about it at this time. We do know that they recently toyed with the idea of re-booting the whole thing starting from James Wan’s first film and that Lionsgate has had years worth of ideas pitched to them at this point.
Which makes the guys they went with kind-of a head scratcher. Enter the franchise Sorority Row and Piranha 3D writers Josh Stolberg and Pete Goldfinger. Is this supposed to be a horror/comedy? We have no idea at this point. The only other thing known at this time is that James Wan and Leigh Whannell will be executive producing the film.
What do you think, GeekNation? Ready to go back to torture porn-ville? (totally should have made a $20 bet with someone that I could fit that sentence into an article today) We’ll have all the updates as they come, right here at GeekNation.
Latest posts by Mike Holtz (see all)
- ‘Funny Or Die’ Just Dropped A Movie Starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump - February 10, 2016
- Get Ready To Play A Little Game: ‘Saw: Legacy’ Is Happening - February 10, 2016
- Johnny Depp To Star In Upcoming Monster Movie Revival ‘The Invisible Man’ - February 10, 2016
- We’re Getting A New Full Length ‘Batman V. Superman’ Trailer Very Soon - February 7, 2016
- The Newest Teaser Trailer For ‘Daredevil Season 2′ Is Here - February 7, 2016