If I’m being honest, my excitement for this year’s Ghostbusters reboot has not gone up any time over the past few months, and after the disappointing first few trailers, it doesn’t look like that’ll be changing any time soon. Even if the international trailer ended up being noticeably better than the first teaser.
Now, Sony Pictures has unveiled a new image from the film (via Empire), which continues to show off the reboot’s impressive visual effects as the titular gang fire up their proton packs at what I’m going to assume is a rock show.
Take a look at it for yourself below:
Yes, the special effects look good, and it was nice to see some of the visual callbacks to the original films in the trailers, but this still doesn’t feel like a Ghostbusters movie to me. None of the comedy landed all that hard, and more than that, it wasn’t even in the same vein as the sarcastic tone that Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Ivan Reitman, and Bill Murray brought to the original films.
It’s possible I’m condemning this movie in my mind prematurely, but at this point, with all of the other franchise reboots and sequels we’re seeing nowadays, this one hasn’t given me any reason to believe it will stand out from the pack. Which is a shame, considering its legendary predecessors.
Ghostbusters will hit theatres on July 15th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016