Despite keeping a fairly consistent presence in the news over the past few months, whether it be with new casting announcements, or new images, we still have yet to see any actual footage from the Paul Feig-directed, all female reboot of Ghostbusters. The world is supposed to end today though, according to Ghosbusters 2, so I guess today was as good as any to at least announce the trailer’s premiere date.
Which is exactly what Columbia Pictures has done.
The studio revealed the trailer’s premiere date to be March 3rd, 2016, and revealed the first official footage from the film online as well, asking perhaps the franchise’s most iconic question. Check out the announcement video below:
The video itself doesn’t feature any actual footage of the new team themselves, which is slightly disappointing, but I guess it wouldn’t be a teaser if it did, right? After the reveal of the team’s newest set of ghostbustin’ wheels recently as well, I can at least give Feig and his team props for fully embracing their reboot status. Although that whole ominous spin on “Who you gonna call?” did feel a little strange for a Ghostbusters trailer.
Ghostbusters is set to hit theatres on July 15th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016