In case you didn’t already see the teaser trailer for it from San Diego Comic-Con this weekend, the new Starz adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods looks weird, beautiful, and enthralling, though what else would you expect from co-showrunner Bryan Fuller at this point? In case the creative team behind-the-scenes of the series wasn’t already exciting enough as well, the cast that has been assembled for the show is A+ from beginning to end, something that the trailer even hinted at also.
Following the first teaser image of her character released several weeks ago as well, Gillian Anderson has revealed a much clearer image of her charcter, Media, in the series and it looks like she’ll be channeling one of the media’s all time favorite starlets – Marilyn Monroe.
Check out the image below:
— Gillian Anderson (@GillianA) July 23, 2016
Playing the spokesperson for the new gods, Media is a character that acts as the face of the new deities by taking the form of several iconic and famous celebrities in history. She thrives off of the attention and worship that people pay to their various screens, including their tablets, TVs, computers, and phones in their pockets.
Reuniting with Fuller following their work together on Hannibal as well, Anderson is perhaps one of the most reliable actresses when it comes to her TV projects over the years and she’s always been one of the more exciting additions to the American Gods ensemble. Considering how many power players and heavy hitters there are packed into the cast of the new series as well – that’s saying something.
American Gods is set to premiere on Starz in 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016