Several weeks ago, Gillian Anderson was added to the already immensely talented cast of Starz’ American Gods, the brand new series adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s beloved novel, as Media, the spokesperson for the new gods who lives off of the attention that people to pay to their various screens, including phones, tablets, TVs, computers, and more. With production on the series underway as well, and following the release of the first images from it as well, Anderson has unveiled a brand new teaser image from American Gods online.
The actress tweeted out the first image of Media in the series, which teases the character’s Marilyn Monroe-esque hairstyle, and the character pushing a microphone out in front of her, like a real life PR person.
— Gillian Anderson (@GillianA) June 30, 2016
Anderson’s involvement in American Gods marks a reunion between her and showrunner Bryan Fuller, following their work together on NBC’s Hannibal, one of the best shows of the decade so far. Fuller will be running the series alongisde Michael Green as well, which in addition to Anderson, features a balls-to-the-wall incredible cast including Ricky Whittle, Ian McShane, Emily Browning, Crispin Glover, Pablo Schreiber, Jonathan Tucker, Orlando Jones, Peter Stormare, and more.
American Gods is expected to premiere on Stars in 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016