Several months ago, a report hit the web stating that in addition to being a buddy comedy between he and the God of Thunder, next year’s Thor: Ragnarok was also going to implementing a number of the Planet Hulk story elements for the big green rage monster. This included, but was not limited to, the possibility of seeing him in his signature gladiator armor from the comic, something fans have been asking for ever since Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk was introduced in The Avengers.
While we still aren’t sure how the Planet Hulk story will factor into the story right now (we think it could have something to do with Jeff Goldblum’s Grandmaster), it has been confirmed that Hulk will be sporting his Planet Hulk armor in the film, at San Diego Comic-Con today.
Ryan Pengagos from Marvel posted the following image on Instagram today from the Marvel booth, which reveals Hulk’s gladiator armor from the film:
It’s been assumed at this point that Ragnarok is going to be at the very least, one of Marvel’s strangest and most unique films to date. With a director primarily known for his fantastic, albeit obscure comedies, and a cast more fitting of an Oscar movie it seems like, the fact that the movie will also be integrating a storyline from the comics that fans have wanted to see for years now, should just raiset the excitement surrounding Ragnarok even more at this point.
Can you imagine what we might hear about the film later today as well, during Marvel’s Hall H panel? Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Thor: Ragnarok is set to hit theatres on November 3rd, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016