Looks like The Flash will be heating things up on “Arrow” next season!
Grant Gustin, who plays Sebastian on “Glee,” has landed the potentially career-changing role of Barry Allen aka The Flash on the CW’s hit DC Comics show “Arrow.” Gustin is scheduled to appear on on three episodes in the upcoming season. The even better news for Gustin – and fans of The Flash – is that this arc just might be the launching pad for a spin-off series about the DC fave.
According to the press release, here’s a little of what we can expect as far as The Flash’s arc will go:
[Barry Allen is] a Central City assistant police forensic investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. A comic book fan boy, Barry is obsessed with the Arrow unaware that working with Oliver and Felicity to solve the crime has brought him right into the dangerous world of the vigilante.
Gustin was definitely sort of a ‘villain’ on “Glee,” I mean as villain-y as you can get on that show, so it’ll be interesting to see how he fares in full-on hero mode. The spin-off is expected to be another oh-so-popular origin story take, but as of yet that show doesn’t appear to have an origin date of its own.
But you can check out Gustin as The Flash on season 2 of “Arrow,” which premieres Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 8 p.m. on The CW.
What do you think of the casting? Will you be checking him out on “Arrow”?
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014