We’ve been hearing about Stephen Gaghan’s Gold for a while now, one of the more promising outings starring Matthew McConaughey following his Oscar win for Dallas Buyer’s Club, and with a stacked cast including McConaughey, Edgar Ramirez, Bryce Dallas Howard, Toby Kebbell, and more, it’s shaping up to be one of the more interesting late-in-the-year Oscar hopefuls of 2016.
Finally, the first trailer for Gold has been released online today as well, and if one thing is clear: while McConaughey’s character is hunting for literal gold, it looks like the actor is on the prowl for some possible Oscar gold again for himself here. Judging by this trailer, it seems more than possible that he could get it too.
Check out the trailer below:
Surprisingly, the film looks like an absolute blast, in the same vein as something like The Wolf of Wall Street even, which McConaughey also starred in during one brief, memorable scene. Whether or not Gaghan is able to capture the same kind of triumphant balance between comedy, slapstick, and drama that Martin Scorsese did in that film will have to wait to be seen, but it certainly seems like Gold may be one of the December films this year to keep your eyes on.
Gold is set to hit theatres on December 25th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016