You had us at “Chris Pratt is a dino wrangler with a cowboy attitude,” THR, you really did.
The outlet reports that Colin Trevorrow’s Jurassic World is continuing to cast out the human side of things, and it seems that the talent level is so high, we might not even need any pesky dinos to mix it up (kidding, sort of).
The latest thespian to join the cast is Judy Greer, along with Katie McGrath and Lauren Lapkus, who have also signed on for the film. The film already includes Chris Pratt (as said dino wrangler/cowboy), Bryce Dallas Howard (as a scientist), Nick Robinson, Ty Simpkins, Jake Johnson, Irrfan Khan, Vincent D’Onofrio, and BD Wong.
Greer is one of Hollywood’s best and more recognizable supporting stars – you’ve likely seen her in films like 13 Going On 30, 27 Dresses, and The Descendents – but she’s also frequently popped up on television (does Arrested Development ring a bell?). The actress is poised to have a big year, however, with Jurassic World rounding out a blockbuster-heavy schedule, which includes roles in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Tomorrowland.
McGrath is best known for her television work, thanks to roles in Merlin, Dracula, and Labyrinth. This new film will likely be a big step forward for the Irish actress. Comedienne Lapkus will next appear in Blended, but she’s probably best known for her role as Susan Fischer on Orange Is the New Black.
Quite a cast, right? Now if we could just get some word on which dinosaurs we can expect to see…
The much-hyped sequel to the popular franchise is being kept under wraps, but it’s believed to focus on a revitalized dinosaur park where things go wrong (you know, that old story) when humans mix it up with the big guys.
Jurassic World will open on June 12, 2015.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014