With NBC prepping its 13-episode revival of “Heroes,” another series original is now set to return.
According to Entertainment Weekly, actor Greg Grunberg will reprise his role as Matt Parkman, a former police officer who discovers that he has a very potent telepathic ability over the course of the series’ early seasons. While Parkman won’t be a character of focus for the revival series, he will have a guest arc for an undetermined number of episodes, and is now the fourth original cast member to return for the revival series, including the recent addition of Masi Oka.
On the original show, Matt Parkman was a floundering officer with the LAPD that soon discovered he had the ability to hear the thoughts of others. Very much one of the more morally conscious characters on the show, Matt briefly uses his abilities in his police work before he’s set upon by Noah Bennet and his mysterious “company.” Over the course of the show, Matt is both vilified and praised, and goes on a very interesting character arc up until the final episode. When last we saw him, Matt had used his powers to manipulate one of the villains into confessing his crimes. The series was then unceremoniously canceled not long afterward, so an actual send-off for the characters was not possible.
In an interview last year, Grunberg said he was excited for the revival series as a fan, and that he was absolutely open to returning if asked. Now that e know he’s coming back, he’s a welcome addition to the cast, since the majority of the original actors won’t be back for the revival. See the brief trailer for the new revival series below, and keep an eye on GeekNation for new developments related to Heroes Reborn!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015