Michael Rooker’s Yondu was one of the strangest and most memorable characters in James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy, and who’s being set up to be a major player in next year’s highly-anticipated sequel, with one sequence involving the character at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this year being, arguably one of the coolest and most stylistic scenes I’ve ever witnessed in a comic book movie.
Am I being hyperbolic? No, just wait until you see it too.
The character’s look is fairly iconic now too, but in a new piece of early concept art for the first film revealed online by James Gunn, it looks like Yondu’s design was almost very different in the film:
This almost has a much more royal, almost egyptian look to it than what the final design ended up being, and while this design could have been very bad ass onscreen, I think it would have stood out a little bit too much from so many of the other characters’ costumes in the movie. Especially compared to all of the other Ravagers.
Meanwhile, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is set to hit theatres on May 5th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016