Comedy sequels are tough to pull off, especially if they’re sequels to beloved cult classics. Case in point: Anchorman 2, which has received what I’d call a pretty mild reaction after fans clamored for a sequel for years. But that isn’t stopping The Farrelly Brothers from getting behind the camera for a sequel of their own: the directors of Dumb and Dumber are bringing Harry and Lloyd back for another adventure twenty years after the first film premiered.
Peter and Bobby Farrelly have released the first official photo from the movie on Twitter, and it features stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels atop the back of a new friend. Check it out below.
Here’s the official synopsis for the film:
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels reprise their signature roles as Lloyd and Harry in the sequel to the smash hit that took the physical comedy and kicked it in the nuts: Dumb and Dumber To. The original film’s directors, Peter and Bobby Farrelly, take Lloyd and Harry on a road trip to find a child Harry never knew he had and the responsibility neither should ever, ever be given.
Kathleen Turner and Rob Riggle will co-star, and the film will hit theaters on November 14th, 2014.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014