Earlier this year, Marvel fans were gutted when ABC announced that they would not be renewing Marvel’s Agent Carter for a third season, due to low ratings, despite the show having developed a loyal fan following throughout its first two seasons. Fans were so gutted even, that Netflix was forced to explain why they chose not to pick up the series for a third season on the streaming platform, as they’ve been prone to do in the past with cancelled shows.
However, following some recent comments about some possible more life from Dominic Cooper, it looks like hope shouldn’t all be lost quite yet for you Agent Carter fans out there.
While recently speaking with CBR, Hayley Atwell herself talked about the possibility of a TV special continuing the show’s story:
I hound [Marvel Studios co-president Louis] D’Esposito on a regular basis, saying, ‘Give me a movie!’ I think the great thing about Peggy is, we know from [Captain America: The] Winter Soldier that she lives a long life, so she can come back. I’m banking on, when I’m in my fifties – I’m like, ‘This is the time. Let’s see what Peggy’s up to in this decade.’
Well, hopefully we won’t have to wait until Hayley Atwell turns fifty for Agent Carter to come back, especially since we’re not even sure what the state of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is going to be by then.
After her recent death in Captain America: Civil War though, whether we like it or not, it seems to be a legitimate possibility that the MCU could be closing the door on Peggy Carter’s story now, no matter how much material was still left and available to be shown.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016