When it comes to The Red Queen, it’s hard to imagine a better actress for the job than Helena Bonham Carter, who demonstrated her clear enjoyment of the role proudly in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, and has returned just as loud and big as ever once again in director James Bobin’s new sequel, Alice Through the Looking Glass, which surprisingly offers quite a large amount of insight into her character than fans might expect going into it.
Picking up with Mia Wasikowska’s Alice once again, this time after the events of the first film, Through the Looking Glass follows Alice as she journeys through the Looking Glass once more into Wonderland, tasked with the mission of healing The Hatter (Johnny Depp) of his sadness, which sends Alice on a one way collision course with Time himself (played by one of the film’s new additions, Sacha Baron Cohen).
I recently got the chance to sit down and speak with Helena Bonham Carter about the film as well, including what made her want to come back for the sequel (it was a “no brainer” according to her), the differences in style between being directed by Tim Burton and James Bobin, and what it was like getting to explore a comedic side with Sacha Baron Cohen. Their dynamic and comedic timing as well, in my mind, is one of the film’s highlights.
You can watch our full interview for yourself in the player below as well:
Alice Through the Looking Glass is in theatres everywhere now.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016