Since the announcement that Ben Affleck will be playing the role of Batman in the sequel to Man of Steel, tons of people have offered opinions about how they think he’ll do when he dons the cape and the cowl. Affleck himself even spoke with Jimmy Fallon about playing the part, but there’s one person we still haven’t heard from: Superman himself, Henry Cavill.
The people at Total Film sat down with the Man of Steel star to promote the Blu-ray release across the pond, and Cavill offered his thoughts on how Affleck will handle the role of one of the world’s most iconic superheroes:
Nothing too groundbreaking – I mean, what did you think he was gonna say? “I don’t think Affleck’s going to be able to hack it as Batman”? – but it’s noteworthy to hear what Affleck’s co-star thinks of him going into this huge movie. Sounds like there’s a lot of respect there, but it doesn’t quite sound like that’s going to be the case between their characters once filming really gets going. We just hope WB decides to stick with the Batman vs. Superman title and not opt for any of the terrible choices they floated a little while back.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014