Bringing together three of the most recognizable comic book characters in history for the first time onscreen, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was already set up to be a meaty superhero film from the moment its premise was initially conceived. Now, after numerous trailers and plot pieces revealed throughout the past few months, it’s safe to say that DC’s newest outing is at the very least, one of the most ambitious superhero films of all time.
With just a little over a month left before its theatrical release as well, AMC Theatres has revealed the runtime of Batman v Superman to be 2 hours and 31 minutes, making it longer than films like Man of Steel and Avengers: Age of Ultron, but still 13 minutes shorter than The Dark Knight Rises.
Considering the number of character introductions it will have to balance and world-building it will have to fit in as well, the runtime doesn’t seem that shocking for this specific film honestly. Not to mention the number of other rumored cameos that still haven’t been confirmed.
Right now, anticipation for the film seems a little mixed amongst the fan community, with basically everyone hoping the film is exactly what they’ve been waiting all these years for, but some not as sure that its quality will live up to its own hype. It seems like a majority of the skepticism for the film comes from just how ambitious it actually is though, since some fans are worried the film will feel too rushed or crowded for its own good.
We’ll know soon enough whether or not Batman v Superman will have been worth the number of conversations it has sparked over the past few years though, so fingers crossed it ends up being a solid film that will truly open up DC’s cinematic universe, with an equally-intriguing story to match, and won’t just be a film with commendable ambitions, and not much else.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is set to hit theatres on March 25th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016