When Paul Walker’s untimely death last November triggered a four-month halt in filming Fast & Furious 7, the future of the film teetered precariously while Universal figured out what their next move would be.
The Walker brothers, 25-year-old Cody and 36-year-old Caleb, both are helping fill in for their brother physically — Caleb primarily for body size and mannerisms and Cody for the eyes. But the filmmakers need to create a character that not only looks like Paul but also performs like him. That’s the actor’s job.
Not only that, but Peter Jackson’s visual effects studio Weta has been hired to facilitate the face replacement technology needed in order to finish the remaining scenes featuring the late actor. Writer Chris Morgan had to make some changes to the script before filming could restart, and there’s also word that Fast 7 director James Wan will utilize unused footage of Walker from the last two F&F films to create some new scenes, as well.
Production picked back up in April and just today, director Wan posted to his Twitter account:
— James Wan (@creepypuppet) May 21, 2014
Fast & Furious 7 is slated for release April 10th of next year and Universal is already revving up an eighth movie as we speak. As a longtime fan of James Wan’s, I wish him the best of luck and can’t wait for next year!
What do you think about the way the production is handling Walker’s final performance?
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015