I’ll be honest, I’m more excited for DC’s Suicide Squad than I ever actually expected to be, and maybe more than I have been since sitting in Hall H last year and watching the first footage from the film. But after the disappointing and overall bland Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the David Ayer-directed follow-up is looking more and more like a better and more fun introduction into the DC Cinematic Universe.
Following news that Warner Bros. was commissioning reshoots to make the film lighter and insert in more jokes as well, the MTV Movie Awards has announced a new sneak peek of the film will air during the awards show on Sunday, April 10th, including never-before-seen footage from the highly-anticipated film.
Check out the announcement below:
Maybe I’m just a sucker for most things that David Ayer does (let’s just not talk about Sabotage, okay?), but this looks like a more well-made movie than anything Zack Snyder has ever done, and yes, I am including both Watchmen and 300 in that list. The performances all look solid, and it looks like the kind of character-driven, action film that I so desperately want it to be. That it also looks doused in more color than both Man of Steel and Batman v Superman combined as well, makes it look all that much better.
Suicide Squad will hit theatres on August 5th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016