Officially deemed #HobbitWeek, top Tolkien fansite TheOneRing.net has posted a link to an imgur site run by StupidFatHobbit that has 88 pics of behind the scenes goodness from Lord Of The Rings trilogy (which had a combined budget of $281 million and grossed $2.92 BILLION worldwide)…I’ve pulled some choice cuts for you to view below!
Peter Jackson, Ian McKellen and Orlando Bloom start a boy band.
Jackson, Brad Dourif and Christopher Lee
Peter Jackson, Ian McKellen and Elijah Wood checking out play back in “video village.”
Even Ringwraiths need shade…
Grr…I’m a giant!
Gandalf in small, medium and extra large.
“Make more Orcs and when you’re done with that, go see if Sheila’ll give us a cup of sugar for tea”
Andy Serkis DESERVES an Academy Award, damn it.
Dominic Monaghan, Ian McKellen and Billy Boyd.
Elijah and Ian relaxing between takes.
Rivendell miniature set
Next year’s Christmas card.
There’s SO many more of these tasty images (88, to be exact) for you to drool over, so I suggest you head on over to StupitFatHobbit’s imgur page and scroll until you’re ready for elevenses!
So far, The Hobbit has grossed $84.8 million since it’s December 14th release (a record-setting opening better than the three previous “Lord of the Rings” films) and is now playing in theaters nationwide.
You should go.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015