Have you ever dreamed of walking into Jerry Seinfeld’s New York City apartment from the popular series, and having a seat on his couch? Well, now, your dream is about to come true if you can make it to the Big Apple later this month.
According to Variety, Hulu is recreating the iconic set from the wildly popular 1990s sitcom in celebration of its recent deal to stream the entirety of “Seinfeld,” which begins on June 24th. According to the newsbreaking piece, “Seinfeld: The Apartment” will feature interactive elements and serve as a faithful re-creation of one of the primary sets that Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, and Michael Richards played on during “Seinfeld’s” original NBC run from 1989 – 1998.
The interactive elements are supposed to allow attendees to participate in some of the show’s classic events, with “George Costanza’s Valentine’s Day photo shoot and Cosmo Kramer’s famous barge-in entrance” being singled out as two primary examples.
The apartment will open at 451 West 14th Street in New York on Wednesday, June 24th — the same day the show becomes available to stream — and run through Sunday, June 28th, with operating hours of 10am – 7pm, and is being built in conjunction with a company called Magnetic Collaborative, a company that specializes in creating rel experiences out of licensed works. If you’re a super-fan of the series, then this sounds like a perfect opportunity to live it in a new way before enjoying it all over again.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015