Fans of The Hunger Games will be able to see Gale and Haymitch in this November’s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, but just in case those characters don’t meet in the upcoming blockbuster (they haven’t interacted in the film series thus far), at least we know that stars Liam Hemsworth and Woody Harrelson will share the screen in another project.
Deadline reports that Hemsworth and Harrelson will co-star in a revenge western called By Way of Helena, from Australian director Kieran Darcy-Smith (Wish You Were Here) and writer Matt Cook. The script, which made the Black List – a list of the best unproduced screenplays in Hollywood – back in 2009, follows David (Hemsworth), an 1880s Texas Ranger sent to an isolated frontier town to investigate a series of strange murders. There he squares off against a local preacher named Abraham (Harrelson) who holds the townsfolk in a fearful grip.
I haven’t seen anything from the young Hemsworth to get me excited about his future projects, but Harrelson is coming off some of the best work of his career in HBO’s “True Detective,” so I’m very much looking forward to seeing where he goes from there and if he can keep his hot streak alive. I’m also a fan of the western genre, and I think Harrelson will fit perfectly into that kind of universe.
Mockingjay – Part 1 hits theaters in November while Part 2 arrives next November, and since production on Helena gets underway in September, I’m guessing this project will come out sometime in between those two releases. Are you interested in seeing these two guys share the big screen together?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014