In addition to the Daredevil season three renewal, and the first official trailer for Luke Cage, Marvel also revealed the very first footage and real look at Iron Fist during their TV panel as well, perhaps their most mysterious project in the entire Defenders lineup. Featuring Finn Jones (Game of Thrones) as the lead character, the series has been filming for several months now, and while the footage isn’t much – it is enough to give us a look at the show’s story and tone, at the very least.
Already from the brief, less-than-a-minute trailer as well, Iron Fist is without a doubt going to be the biggest, in terms of scope and scale alone, out of any of the Marvel and Netflix shows to date. Without a question.
Check out the teaser below:
Considering all of the easter eggs and small, but noticeable plants connected to Danny Rand, that have been made in both Jessica Jones and Daredevil up to this point, seeing how Iron Fist closes out the first Defenders lineup will be interesting to see, including how it might lead into The Defenders next year as well.
We only get a brief glimpse of his Iron Fist powers in the show, which is about the only thing I’m skeptical towards right now in Iron Fist, considering some of the sequences involving Jessica’s powers in Jessica Jones looked good, and others didn’t really. At this point though, I’d trust Marvel with basically any property right now, and if they think they can do this character justice on the small screen, then who am I to question it?
Iron Fist does not currently have a premiere date.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016