If you’ve been (possible spoiler alert if you haven’t finished House of Cards’ first season?) missing actor Corey Stoll, you can calm yourself – the actor is about to be everywhere, and soon. The former House of Cards star and Midnight in Paris standout has been steadily booking work, ranging from This Is Where I Leave You to Dark Places, and the actor might just be locking in a very intriguing role to join his already-respectable resume.
Variety reports that Stoll is in negotiations to join Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man in an undisclosed role. The upcoming Marvel feature has already set Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas for starring roles, with other names like Evangeline Lilly, Patrick Wilson, and Michael Pena also reportedly in the middle of their own negotiations to join the project.
As of now, details on the film are still thin, though Variety does mention that “fans have suspected Wright is taking a different approach” (ya think?) and the cheeky filmmaker surely has something special in store for the film, one he’s long wanted to make.
Ant-Man is set to start filming in April and already has a July 17, 2015 release date set. With Comic-Con on the horizon later this summer — July, to be exact — it seems that Wright and company are working to get things together in order to (hopefully) have some big stuff to share with eager fans.
Any ideas who Stoll could be playing? Who would you like him to play?
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014