“This is an investment as The Walking Dead is now a permanent part of our pop culture and continues to grow in popularity. SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY” This is what eBay seller, FlyersComics, said about issue #1 of The Walking Dead comic book and trust me, these bidders were seriously serious about owning this comic book.
Fast forward to November 14th and 50 bids later, a copy of The Walking Dead No. 1 (9.9 out of 10 mint rating from third-party comic book appraisers CGC) sold on eBay for $10,100. This is unheard of for a modern comic book and all’s I gotta say is DAMN!
Apparently issue #1 is becoming quite the hot commodity, as one went for $2,500 last year and another 9.9 graded copy of sold for $7,000 back in March.
This black and white comic book series created by Robert Kirkman (who we also know as EP of the tv series) began it’s life with Image Comics in 2003 with only 7,300 copies printed reached its 100th issue back in July, selling 375,000 copies; making it the best selling comic book of the century.
The CENTURY, people. Not bad for a story about a group of people who spend their days avoiding being a zombie’s blue plate special.
So the next time you give someone grief about doodling, just remember – what goes on that paper today could the next big thing tomorrow!
*Thanks to THR for the heads up!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015