After credits scenes have become a staple of nearly every blockbuster movie at this point, it seems. Whether it be the latest installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or even an audio clip at the end, it seems like most audience members nowadays would rather sit in their seats for five to ten minutes longer than they normally would, rather than miss out on a tease for a new film.
Going into the release of Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens in just a few short days though, fans have yet to receive a confirmation regarding a possible end credits or mid-credits stinger that they should look forward to. Will J.J. Abrams and his collaborators at Lucasfilm stay with the pattern of past Star Wars films (which have stayed away from credits teasers or clips), or adapt to the current blockbuster formula?
It looks like we finally have our answer.
During the recent press conference for The Force Awakens, Abrams himself confirmed once and for all *drumroll*… that there will not be a mid-credits or after credits scene/teaser that audiences should hold their breath for. Although, I think it will already be hard enough to make some fans get up from their seats anyways, as we all try and process what we’ve just seen.
While recent rumors had speculated that the film might feature an after credits tease for Star Wars: Rogue One, next year’s Star Wars spin-off film, it is still possible that a teaser or small trailer could be featured during the trailers sections before the film begins. So I don’t think it’d be out of the realm of possibility to assume that there might be some surprises in store for fans in the teasers that play before that gorgeous opening crawl. In terms of the film itself though, it looks like it’ll be safe to get up and go to the bathroom right away after all.
Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens is set to hit theatres on December 18th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016