UPDATE: Now, THR is reporting that in addition to the TV pilot order outlined below, Lionsgate is development a theatrical full feature MacGyver film. The re-imagining will be produced by original MacGyver creator Lee David Zlotof and 21 Jump Street‘s Neal Moritz, while CBS continues to handle the TV property at the same time. Goodness, that’s a whole lot of MacGyver out of nowhere! I’m not sure MacGyver himself could get this much out of MacGyver.
To make this article happen, I’m going to need an ice pick, a snorkel and a pack of bubblelicious bubble gum.
MacGyver is coming back and he’s coming back young and sexy according to CBS. A while back there was rumours of such a show taking place featuring the origin story of a young MacGyver getting things done. Now things are getting done, and to a magical degree.
James Wan (Saw, Furious 7) will actually be directing the pilot episode that CBS just ordered. Michael Clear and Henry Winkler will executive produce the show. Here’s what the synopsis reads:
A reimagining of the television series of the same name, following a 20-something MacGyver as he gets recruited into a clandestine organization where he uses his knack for solving problems in unconventional ways to help prevent disasters from happening.
You have got to admit that this is going to be entertaining, even if it’s a total trainwreck. What do you think, GeekNation? Who should play the handsome day saver? Stay tuned for casting updates, right here on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Mike Holtz (see all)
- ‘Funny Or Die’ Just Dropped A Movie Starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump - February 10, 2016
- Get Ready To Play A Little Game: ‘Saw: Legacy’ Is Happening - February 10, 2016
- Johnny Depp To Star In Upcoming Monster Movie Revival ‘The Invisible Man’ - February 10, 2016
- We’re Getting A New Full Length ‘Batman V. Superman’ Trailer Very Soon - February 7, 2016
- The Newest Teaser Trailer For ‘Daredevil Season 2′ Is Here - February 7, 2016