Two great tastes now may taste great together!
Variety reports Oscar winner Jamie Foxx and comedian Kevin Hart (Ride Along) are currently in talks with Screen Gems to costar in a film called Black Phantom, which will tell the story of “a double-crossed mob hitman who enlists the help of the Black Phantom,” the very same hitman who was hired to kill him in the first place.
If the deal goes through, Hart and Foxx would be “getting the band back together” so to speak; Ride Along‘s director Tim Story and producer Will Packer would reprise their roles behind the scenes as director and producer for Black Phantom, with Will Gluck also serving as a producer. If Gluck’s name sounds familiar, he’s the screenwriter and producer of the upcoming Annie reboot – which stars none other than Jamie Foxx.
The current speculation is that because Sony loves Foxx so much right now thanks to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and the Annie reboot opening later this year, and Hart’s recent hot streak (including Screen Gems’ About Last Night), that this pairing could be a great one.
What do you think? If it goes through, does it sound like a fun film starring two friends who just happen to be hilarious, or two comedians who’ll spend the entire film trying to one up each other?
Judging from this clip from the BET Awards, I’m going with option “A.”
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015